This monument represents the approximate site of the Burnt Station, also known as the original Canyon Station. It was built about 1860, and the actual site is unknown. Station keepers at this site were reportedly killed during an ambush by Indians while having breakfast. One mile beyond this site the road forks. Going right leads to Gold Hill; going left to Ibapah.