Simpson Springs "Home" Pony Express Station
The first east-bound Pony Express courier halted here about 5:00 p.m. April 7, 1860 and westbound about 2:00 a.m. April 10, 1860. The last riders passed October 1861. The coming of the Overland Telegraph made it inadvisable to continue this station. The building at the site was rebuilt by the Tooele F.F.A. Chapter in 1976 as a sesquicentennial project.