Grantsville Opera House
Work on the Old Opera House began on September 18, 1899 by a contractor named Harvey Everett. He used mostly volunteer help to build it. The theater opened on a Saturday evening on July 28, 1900 with the celebrated drama, "Santiago." The building was dedicated on December 1,, 1901. A dance hall in the basemen and, later on, a motion picture screen, made the building the center of recreation for many years. The Saturday night dances that were held in the basement of the Opera House were a county attraction. Residents from Tooele and other valley locations attended the festivities on a weekly basis.