Tooele South Ward
Also known as the Tooele Ward and First Ward. Construction on the meeting house began in 1856 with rock from Settlement Canyon, and under the direction of John Rowberry, one of Tooele's original pioneers who helped establish the community. The church was completed in 1869 at the present site to Tooele Park. Directly west of the chapel facing Vine Street, stood the old Tooele Stake building. The building housed the Stake Presidency offices and the baptismal font. A monument at the site includes a bell that was originally used in the church's steeple.