Emergency Medical Service Council
What is the mission of the Board?
To provide additional representation for certain medical service providers operating in Tooele County who have not previously been included on the County EMS Council.
Are the Board Member paid?
Board members are not paid.
Meeting Schedule and Location
- Meetings are held every three months
- Risk Management Building, 27 S. Main, Tooele, UT
The Tooele County EMS Council shall have the following representation, which members shall be appointed as follows:
(1) One medical director appointed by each licensed emergency medical service provider operating in Tooele County.
(2) One medical department physician representative appointed by each resource hospital that is supporting Tooele County EMS service providers.
(3) One emergency department nurse appointed by each resource hospital.
(4) One hospital administrator or administrator's designee appointed by each resource hospital.
(5) One ambulance service representative appointed by each licensed ambulance service operator and one representative appointed by each federal and private industrial ambulance service operator providing services in Tooele County.
(6) One paramedic service representative appointed by each licensed paramedic service operating in Tooele County.
(7) One quick-response service representative appointed by each quick-response agency operating in Tooele County when said agency is recognized by the Tooele County EMS Council.
(8) One public safety representative to represent all public safety agencies within Tooele County appointed by the Tooele County Sheriff.
(9) One dispatch agency representative appointed by each EMS dispatch agency located in Tooele County.
(10) One County Health Department representative appointed by the Tooele County Health Officer.
(11) One Tooele County Commissioner or County Commission designee appointed by the Tooele County Commission.
(12) One private citizen and resident of Tooele County not involved in the provision of EMS Services; appointed by the Tooele County Commission.
(13) One ex-officio representative of the State Bureau of Emergency Medical Services appointed by the Director of said Bureau.
(14) One representative from Vernon, Rush Valley, Grantsville and North Tooele Valley, each appointed by the Tooele County Commission.
County Commission appointees shall serve at the will of the Tooele County Commission and shall serve terms of office until such time as they may be replaced by the appointment of another person to fill their position. Appointees of other organizations as specified herein shall serve at the will of the appointing authority and until such time as they may be replaced by the appointment of another person to fill their position. Appointments shall be verified in writing by the appointing authority.
Bucky Whitehouse - (435) 843-2466